IdeaGist is the world’s largest virtual incubator for people with ideas. It is in use by 27,000+ users from 300+ communities worldwide. If you have an idea that can make a difference, solve a problem, or help people improve their lives and the lives of others, IdeaGist can help. It doesn’t matter if your idea provides social benefits or commercial gains, you can use our incubator to launch it.
We all come up with ideas, but coming up with an idea is not a ticket to success unless it’s put into action. There are many challenges idea makers must overcome in order to convert their ideas into a successful business. Some common challenges that often hold us back include the intractable inner dialogues you may be able to relate to, such as:
- I am good at what I do but I am not an expert in every aspect of running a business.
- I rely on my paycheck and leaving my job to work on an idea is not a risk that I can take.
- I don’t have enough money to start a business.
- I have a great idea and all I need is …. (fill in the blank—an investor, a programmer, a developer, an app developer, a marketing person, etc.)
- IdeaGist Virtual Incubator offers freedom from all these constraints and gives you an opportunity to prove that your ideas are good.
IdeaGist offers a lean process with three key stages of development that can be used in multiple iterations:
IdeaGist process is designed to:
- Focus on action
- Apply lean practices to engage customers early on
- Help you protect yourself from major mistakes that entrepreneurs regularly make
- Give you a trusted path that you can follow at your own pace, covering all aspects of planning
- Develop your idea to the maximum possible advancement, within the resources that you have
- Drop your idea successfully as early as possible to avoid too much investment in ideas that may not get anywhere
Here is a short video to see how IdeaGist guides you through a step-by-step process.
IdeaGist Global Incubation Program
IdeaGist Global Incubation Program is designed to help a large number of people with innovative ideas in launching their startups. We are currently accepting applications from entrepreneurs with early-stage ideas. If you already have a product developed, this program may not help you much.
IdeaGist is different from regular incubators and accelerators in many different ways:
- IdeaGist Global Incubation Program does not take any equity in your idea.
- We don’t expect you to leave your job to be part of our program
- You can live where you are, we don’t ask you to relocate to our office in Minneapolis, USA
- Our focus is more on action instead of building business plans at such an early stage
- We accept ideas at the earliest stage when no one else is willing to bet on you
- Dropping an idea for valid reasons or pivoting it is considered success on IdeaGist platform
Benefits of IdeaGist Global Incubation Program:
- Action focused process that based on experience of 100s of entrepreneurs and entrepreneurial experts
- Templates and learning resources at each step of the process
- Idea Privacy to ensure that only you and your trusted people can see the details
- Team management including Non-disclosure agreements
- Co-Founder Listings to find good team members for your idea
- Social networking features to help you develop a support network around your ideas
- Free experienced mentors to help you when you get stuck and to keep you motivated
- Opportunity to present your idea to our global investor pool
Learn more about how IdeaGist can help at https://blog.ideagist.com/great-ideas
Join our Global Portal for free at https://global.ideagist.com
Program Rules, Terms, and Conditions
If selected for the program, you will be required to:
- Follow startup process, completing Think stage in 90 days. After completing the Think stage, we will provide you with mentors to help you with Execute and Launch stages.
- Keep your mentor and IdeaGist system up to date on your progress, even if you were not able to work on the idea lately.
- Be respectful and appreciate the guidance provided by your mentors.
- Ensure that you consistently work 10 hours per week on your idea. It is your idea and without you, it will not go anywhere.
- Be in the driving seat. You are embarking on a journey to become a successful entrepreneur. This requires independence, discipline, grit, and flexibility.
- You will need to keep an eye on your own progress and ask for help if you are stuck.
- IdeaGist does not take any equity in your startup or idea.
- Acceptance in the program will not require spending any money on IdeaGist.
- IdeaGist is not an investment company and does not promise any investment in your idea.
- IdeaGist is not a business plan generator, it is your practical guide to develop your ideas.
- If you like to use our process without going through the formal program, you can do that by paying $30 per month.
- IdeaGist management team can expel any participant with or without cause.
- Register on https://global.ideagist.com using the email address that you check on a daily basis. Use free subscription to start for free.
- Complete initial application on F6S at https://f6s.com/ideagist-2017/apply. Please make sure that you use the same email address as you used for IdeaGist registration.
- After first round review, you may be invited to join an informal cohort to start working on your idea. Time to celebrate and tell your friends.
- 2nd round will require you to complete few basic steps to organize your thoughts around the benefits of your idea.
- Entrepreneurs completing 2nd round, in a timely manner, will be assigned one mentor and will be added to the formal cohort