Brown Bag Lunch: Bluetech Startups and Mass MEP
About this Event
In the latest in our brown bag series, SeaAhead is pleased to host experts from MassMEP discussing the different grants and services that the organization provides for startups and entrepreneurs.
Overview of MassMEP – Joe Griffin MassMEP Field Operations Director
Workforce Training Fund Grants – Presented by James Gusha MassMEP, Project Development Manager
- MassMEP creates economic impact by transforming manufacturing enterprises and the manufacturing ecosystem. This is achieved through operational excellence, workforce development and innovative growth strategies, enhanced through strategic public/private partnerships. We believe there is some element to a manufacturer’s business – whether it’s finding inefficiencies, strengthening internal processes or unlocking growth – that can extend the firm beyond its current limitations.
Each year the Commonwealth of Massachusetts awards millions of dollars in grant money to Massachusetts businesses under the Workforce Training Fund Program (WTFP). Why not be one of the next companies? Let our experts will guide you through the application process.
Specific topics covered will include:
- Develop a Training Plan
- Establish Training Objectives
- Identify Key Performance Indicators
Innovative Growth Services – Presented by Tom Andrellos MassMEP Director of Growth Services
- All manufacturers have at least one element that sets them apart and can enable them to achieve success. If you haven’t yet uncovered that unique differentiator, MassMEP can help you. And if you have already discovered that element, we can work with you to turn your vision into a reality.
- Design for Manufacturing
- Funding opportunities
Manufacturing USA, M2I2 Capital Grant Program – Presented by Rich Sullivan MassMEP, Project Manager Manufacturing USA
- Manufacturing USA institutes focus on accelerating innovation in key technology areas through collaboration among academia and manufacturing companies, ushering in next generation supply chains in America.
- Massachusetts has made a substantial commitment to develop theManufacturing USA infrastructure within the state’s academic, research and manufacturing industry. M2I2 will advance innovation and job growth within the state through cross-collaboration among companies, universities, national labs, government, incubators, accelerators and other academic and training institutions.
Who should attend?
Decision makers in the company, Owners, Managers; HR, manufacturing, production, administration, and finance.
MassMEP has helped hundreds of companies access training funds, resulting in significant and documented impacts to their bottom lines. MassMEP and AIM HR Solutions can support you with FREE grant writing assistance, we will share our expertise and best practices that will ensure a streamlined and easy application process for your company.
When & Where
50 Milk Street, 5th Floor Windrose Boston, MA 02109, Boston, US
SeaAhead is a benefit corporation with the mission of supporting new venture development atthe intersection of innovation + sustainability + the oceans. Our ecosystem includestechnologists, scientists, startups, corporations, governments and other ocean stakeholdersthat are coming together to create impact in areas including greener shipping and ports,aquaculture and fishery processes, offshore alternative energy and smart cities.