Startup Pitch Bootcamp: Learn from Waterloo’s Top Entrepreneurs
About this Event
If you have a strong idea that could be pitched more clearly, then join us for the Startup Pitch Bootcamp. In just three hours, this intensive workshop will help you improve your pitching skills and understand the components of a great pitch, providing plenty of practice until you get it right. Pitching is a key skill of every successful entrepreneur. How do you communicate your business clearly to employees, customers, and investors? What are some common pitching mistakes that make you look inexperienced? What is the best way to pitch your business?
It is not required, but to help you get the most out of this event, we’ve provided this Pitch Worksheet. You can fill out this worksheet and bring it to the Bootcamp, which will enable mentors to easily give feedback on your idea.
Who Should Attend the Pitch Bootcamp?
- Anyone who needs practice and expert advice on pitching
- Anyone who has an idea for a startup or an early-stage company
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup or looking for a co-founder
What are some of the Topics?
- What are the components of a great startup pitch
- How do you pitch complex concepts in a simple way
- What are some mistakes to avoid when pitching
- How do you know when you pitch is good enough
- and more...
What is the Agenda?
- Welcome and Socializing
- Introduction to the Founder Institute
- Expert Talks on How to Pitch Your Business
- Pitch Workshop
- Speed Pitching
- Discussion and Drinks at a Local Bar or Restaurant
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening! For more free startup events, visit https://FI.co/events.
For information about the investors, incubators, and tech events available in Waterloo, visit: https://fi.co/startup-resources.
When & Where
290 King Street East Waterloo, N2G 2L3, Waterloo, CA
The Founder Institute
The Founder Institute is the world's premier pre-seed startup accelerator. Leaders of the world’s fastest-growing startups have used the Founder Institute to raise funding, get into seed-accelerators, generate traction, recruit a team, build a product, transition from employee to entrepreneur, and more. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 60+ countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to “Globalize Silicon Valley” and empower talented and motivated people to build impactful companies that create one million jobs.